The biggest misunderstanding about Food in America is that we think too much about it. I, however, would argue the opposite — we don’t think enough about what we put in our mouths. In fact, it has gotten to the point where we actively avoid thinking about Food until we are ravenously hungry. This inevitably leads […]
In several posts over the years, I have talked about how what we focus on expands. Well, today, we learned that America’s fight against obesity has resulted in just that. Adult obesity rates increased in six U.S. states and fell in none last year, and in more states than ever — 20 — at least 30 […]
Whenever someone tells me the supposed health benefits of a particular food, I cringe. I cringe because with the “immune-boosting”, “anti-oxidant rich” claims comes the immediate denigration of another real food as being particularly bad. The way I see it, if it’s food, it’s good. If it’s not food (i.e. processed, chemicalized, injected and so […]
For the past few weeks, it seems that everyone from regular people to celebrities and even a former President have been jumping on an Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness and money for researching cures to ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), a.k.a. Lou Gehrig’s Disease and for good reason. ALS is a debilitating, terrifying and devastating […]
The other day at a local event, someone tried to educate me about a “conscious diet”. She described it as “eating something and then forgetting it… don’t keep eating that cake you had yesterday today and in the future.” I almost fell over laughing because to me, this is UNconscious eating at its worst. What […]
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- Instantly Improve Your Relationship with Food October 28, 2014
- Obesity More Out of Control than EVER! September 5, 2014
- How Food Fads Will Destroy the Planet: How Much Is That Almond Worth to You? August 29, 2014
- Did You Fall for the Ice Bucket Challenge? What We All Should Consider about Disease Campaigns August 25, 2014
- Are You Eating the Conscious Diet? August 19, 2014
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...