Somewhere along the way, the War on Food took a turn towards anointing certain foods with the label “clean”. Unfortunately, while promoting the so-called clean foods, it left people thinking that other real and healthy foods were somehow unusually loaded with toxins and carcinogens. Some fanatics (yes, I went there!) even refer to the latter [...]
When I was growing up in the 1980s, the eating disorder, anorexia nervosa, was frequently in the news. Schools and parents were inundated with information about how to spot the warning signs of the disorder in (mainly) young women who were literally killing themselves to have the perfect body. People with anorexia succumb to severe [...]
I know it’s late in the game to write an article about flu prevention and treatment. But as this winter lingers on, it seems that few people are better off than they started at the beginning of the season. So I thought it was in order to put together an article about keeping cold and [...]
So often we look past the most fundamental of changes to our diet. Instead we go for big, radical changes that are often not necessary. If you recall from earlier lessons, I spoke often of the anxiety we carry around with us when we eat. The speed at which we eat is also vitally important. [...]
One of the biggest myths going around is that children prefer different foods from adults. This belief has gotten us into hot water with allergies and autism rapidly rising across the industrialized world. Go to any La Leche League or Holistic Moms meeting and you’ll witness many patterns across children who suffer from such afflictions. [...]
Watch the Video!
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part Two: The Clean Food Myth April 28, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part One: The War on Food March 24, 2013
- 7 Smart Tips on Flu Prevention and Treatment You May Not Have Considered February 10, 2013
- Day 30 – How Slow Can You Go? February 2, 2013
- Day 29 – How Should I Feed My Kids? February 1, 2013
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...