For the past several months, a book called Salt, Fat, Sugar: How the Food Giants Hooked Us has been hailed as a masterpiece of work in the fight against obesity and illness in the Western world. I haven’t read the book and quite frankly I have no intentions to after hearing the author in several interviews. […]
At the end of Part Four of this series, I commented about finding a solution to the myriad of eating disorders that are plaguing our society. I also suggested that moderation is a farce…and I maintain that it is. In a previous article from a few years back I looked at how most people today […]
In the past three installments on modern eating disorders, we looked at diets the vilify everything from eggs, meat, dairy, grains, starches and of course, animal fats. Each camp maintains that their way is the ONLY way to eat and that touching foods from their forbidden list will surely cause anyone to meet with a […]
In the previous installation of Modern Eating Disorders, we looked at how some people have become obsessed with the idea of clean food. Clean food being defined as any food that doesn’t come from an animal. On the opposite side of the spectrum, many people are equally passionate about banning all grains as well as […]
Somewhere along the way, the War on Food took a turn towards anointing certain foods with the label “clean”. Unfortunately, while promoting the so-called clean foods, it left people thinking that other real and healthy foods were somehow unusually loaded with toxins and carcinogens. Some fanatics (yes, I went there!) even refer to the latter […]
Click the link below for "The List"
- Butter and the Brain December 27, 2008
- Making 100% Teff Injera October 22, 2009
- Frozen Salmon That’s Low in Mercury February 2, 2010
- Christmas Dinner in St. Martin December 26, 2011
- What’s Your Beef? The Benefits of Going Grass Fed May 2, 2009
- What Causes Cravings: The Truth About Salt, Fat and Sugar August 5, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders Part Five: Finding Your Salvation July 29, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders Part Four: Just Stop Eating Already!!! July 21, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders Part Three: Beware the Evil Grains… Really? June 5, 2013
- Modern Eating Disorders – Part Two: The Clean Food Myth April 28, 2013
- ahewcn: That's a great idea. In this day of the internet,...
- Maria: Great article. I don't travel outside of the US ...
- Maria: Very interesting. I am going to send this to my f...
- ahewcn: I have more duck recipes to come. Like a salad wit...
- Lisa: That reminds me... I have a duck in the freezer. :...