What was out 20 years ago is back with a vengeance and bone broth is leading the way. Even if you’ve never listened to this show before, you probably know that bone broth has been trending in health circles. I’ve been a huge fan of the stuff for decades and so have Heather Dane and Louise Hay, co-authors of the Bone Broth Secret.
Listen in on today’s episode of the podcast as Heather shares the many benefits of broth, the controversies and the many ways you can incorporate it into your diet.
Listen to the second half of this interview were we continue talking with Heather about her 92 year old co-author Louise Hay of Hay House Publishing and her journey from vegetarianism to embracing the miracles of bone broth and how Louise always chooses the right dish in a restaurant.
Health Coach and 21st century medicine woman, Heather Dane combines ancient wisdom from her Native American lineage with holistic health and nutrition training to offer the most cutting edge prescriptive remedies for your health. She has co-authored two books with Louise Hay: Loving Yourself to Great Health and The Bone Broth Secret: A Culinary Adventure in Health, Beauty and Longevity.
Heather is a regular contributor to Mind Body Green, Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation Journal, HealYourLife.com; and she has a Hay House Radio show that airs on Mondays. Learn more about Heather at Heather Dane, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Highlights from today’s episode:
8:02 ~ Explain collagen — what is it? What does it have to do with bone broth?
11:08 ~ No waste plus many benefits.
22:03 ~ How did you discover the benefits of bone broth?
37:03 ~ The home cook is the medicine person of the family.
39:08 ~ The similarities between mother’s breast milk and bone broth
Other Links In This Episode:
- Bone Broth Secret: A Culinary Adventure in Health, Beauty, and Longevity
- Protein Myths Revealed on the Weekly Q&A
- The Developing Genome: An Introduction to Behavioral Epigenetics
- The Food Revolution: How Your Diet Can Help Save Your Life and Our World by John Robins
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, Schizophrenia by Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride
- Success Story: A Simple Plan to Reverse Fibromyalgia, Skin Issues and Falling Hair with Guest Heretic Robyn Crowle