People avoid the dentist for all sorts of reasons; from the pain of getting their mouth drilled to the painful amounts of money they have to spend on drilling and treatments. This week we speak with Dr. Steven Lin, author of The Dental Diet: The Surprising Link Between Your Teeth, Real Food and Life-Changing Natural Health.
In this interview, we discuss the downward spiral in dental health despite the use of fluoride, the health repercussions of having a jawline that is too narrow to accommodate a full set of teeth, and how orthodontics merely address the cosmetic appearance of teeth.
The truth is eating the right foods can lead to less painful dentist visits and it’s never too early or too late to start changing your diet for improving the health of your teeth.
Dr. Steven Lin is a dentist, TEDx speaker, and author of The Dental Diet. With a background in biomedical science, Dr. Lin has dedicated his career to outline the nutritional basis of dental disease. His goal is to help define crooked teeth as a nutritional deficiency and the most significant chronic health problem on the planet. You can connect with Dr. Lin through his website, Dr. Steven Lin, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Great Resources From Dr. Lin:
Highlights from today’s episode:
- 06:08 ~ How Dr. Berne first realized that teeth were the mirror to good health.
- 12:08 ~ Dentists here in the States seem concerned about anything sticky on the teeth. What’s Dr. Lin’s opinion?
- 24:00 ~ The impact of cranio-facial development sleep and health.
- 33:15 ~ The link between gum disease and general health.
- 37:15 ~ How important is fluoride to good dental health?
- 41:27 ~ The biggest myth with oral care.
- 46:03 ~ The 40 day program to heal teeth.
- 49:40 ~ What does Dr. Lin brush with?