Despite offering a wide array of delicious foods to eat, many people find the GAPS Nutritional Protocol extremely challenging. I’m one of them. After going through the training and protocol herself, Jenn Scribner and a fellow GAPS practitioner teamed up to offer group GAPS coaching to help people stay on the diet with a low pressure approach. Listen in to find out how Jenn stuck to the protocol and how failing isn’t as easy as you might think.
Jennifer Scribner is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Restorative Wellness Practitioner, and Certified GAPS™ Practitioner. Her specialty is helping people learn and follow the GAPS Diet to address autism and complex digestive and autoimmune conditions. She is one of the first Certified GAPS™ Practitioners trained by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride in September 2011. Her other passions include her family, Hello Kitty, and plotting how she can move to Hawaii.
If you’re new to the GAPS Diet, grab a copy of her simple explanation in the FREE e-book, The GAPS Diet in a Nutshell, on her website, Body Wisdom Nutrition. You can also find Jenn on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Highlights from today’s episode on the GAPS Diet:
- 03:56 ~ How is your program different than following the book?
- 05:59 ~ Why did Adrienne find this diet so difficult?
- 16:16 ~ How do you keep the diet interesting — especially in the beginning stages?
- 22:25 ~ What was your journey to coaching people with the GAPS protocol?
- 32:21 ~ Why is it OK to have fruit and even honey on this diet?
- 60:50 ~ How can people keep from feeling imprisoned by their diet?
- 41:56 ~ What is the most common way that most people fail?
- 53:17 ~ How exercise fits into the GAPS diet.
Other links mentioned in this GAPS interview:
- A Cure for Autism?; Stacey Shepard, Licensed Acupuncturist, Certified GAPS practitioner
- Stacey Shepard: Chinese Medical Theory and GAPS Protocol Part II
- Success Story: A Simple Plan to Reverse Fibromyalgia, Skin Issues and Falling Hair with Guest Heretic Robyn Crowle
- Frenching Your Food
- What Causes Food Allergies; Caspar Poyck C. Ht.; Clinical Hypnotherapist Talks Digestive Therapy and Emotions
- Nutrition Heretic’s Inner Circle on Facebook
- Slow Down Diet