Welcome back to the second half of the Nutrition Heretic Podcast interview with Dr. Carolyn Dean. Last time we talked with Dr. Dean about why magnesium deficiency is so widespread and the many common health disorders that stem from it. This week we continue talking to her about the catch 22 of supplementation and the picometer-sized stabilized ionic magnesium supplement that addresses the problems experienced with other forms of magnesium supplements.
If you missed the first half of Dr. Dean’s interview, you can catch it here.
Dr. Carolyn Dean is a medical doctor and naturopathic doctor. She is the author of 110 Kindle books and 35 health books. She is on the Medical Advisory Board of the non-profit educational site – Nutritional Magnesium Association. Her magnesium outreach has won her an award from the Heart Rhythm Society in the UK for “Outstanding Medical Contribution to Cardiac Rhythm Management-2012.” Dr. Dean has a free online newsletter, a valuable online 2-year wellness program called Completement Now! and a 2-hour call in Radio Show at Achieve Radio Mondays at 4pm PST. Find out more at Dr. Dean’s Website.
Great Resources From Carolyn Dean:
- Read down to the bottom of this page and sign up to receive Dr. Dean’s free newsletter.
- Get 7 free ebooks under the book tab of Dr. Dean’s Radio Show Archive.
- Sign up here to receive 4 free weeks of Dr. Dean’s online wellness program.
Highlights from today’s episode:
- 02:19 ~ The problem with most of the magnesium supplements on the market.
- 11:58 ~ When you should not take a magnesium supplement.
- 15:36 ~ How does the picometer stabilized ionic magnesium compare to other types.
- 21:34 ~ How each of Dr. Dean’s supplements work? What’s the difference between them?
- 27:36 ~ Can people do this alone? What can be some side-effects of detoxing?
- 29:23 ~ Why a liver detox can backfire.
- 35:50 ~ Testing your magnesium levels.