If a mineral isn’t studied in the US, does that mean it isn’t important? As we learned in a previous episode, sometimes American doctors and researchers resist giving credence to studies conducted abroad. This certainly appears to be the case with the mineral magnesium. Magnesium is integral to as many as 800 enzyme reactions in the body yet very few modern people get enough of it. Dr. Carolyn Dean, author of The Magnesium Miracle, joins us to discuss how she first discovered the power of this miracle nutrient and the broad range of health complaints supplementation can address.
After you listen to this episode, be sure to catch the second half of the interview when Dr. Dean explains the downsides of supplementation and why she created a unique magnesium supplement that removes the issues typically experienced at therapeutic doses.
Dr. Carolyn Dean is a medical doctor and naturopathic doctor. She is the author of 110 Kindle books and 35 health books. She is on the Medical Advisory Board of the non-profit educational site – Nutritional Magnesium Association. Her magnesium outreach has won her an award from the Heart Rhythm Society in the UK for “Outstanding Medical Contribution to Cardiac Rhythm Management-2012.” Dr. Dean has a free online newsletter, a valuable online 2-year wellness program called Completement Now! and a 2-hour call in Radio Show at Achieve Radio Mondays at 4pm PST. Find out more at Dr. Dean’s Website.
Great Resources From Carolyn Dean:
- Read down to the bottom of this page and sign up to receive Dr. Dean’s free newsletter.
- Get 7 free ebooks under the book tab of Dr. Dean’s Radio Show Archive.
- Sign up here to receive 4 free weeks of Dr. Dean’s online wellness program, Completement Now!
Highlights from today’s episode:
- 03:28 ~ Some people say that Magnesium is best used topically and that if it burns, it means you’re deficient; truth or fiction?
- 07:36 ~ Why Magnesium doesn’t get as much air time as something like Calcium?
- 12:49 ~ Dr. Dean’s ah-ha moment.
- 19:25 ~ Why Dr. Dean is on the attack against bio hacking.
- 28:02 ~ Why there doesn’t appear to be many Magnesium studies in the USA.
- 30:29 ~ Some of the common complaints that can benefit from Magnesium supplementation.
- 39:49 ~ Another case of the “not-invented-here syndrome.”
- 40:46 ~ Total Biology
- 44:48 ~ Magnesium’s role in adrenal health
Other Links For This Episode:
- Guest Heretic Ken Morehead, Doctor of Chinese Medicine and Acupunturist at Oriental Health Solutions
- Natasha Campbell McBride
- Dr. Mildred Seelig