We’d love to fellow heretics share their knowledge and stories. If you would like to write for the Nutrition Heretic®, please read the following and get in touch.
As you might imagine, we receive a large number of emails and submissions and not every article is a good fit for us.
To improve your chances of being published on our site, please have a read through our guidelines before submission.
Write For the Nutrition Heretic:
We love unique and interesting articles; not just the same old thing that’s been rehashed time and time again. Our readers want to see something new or with a unique twist.
Video Series Hosts
If you prefer video over the written word, we are actively seeking readers who are interested in hosting their own video series (you would use your own equipment). Please use the form below to apply and submit a synopsis of what your video would be about and attach a photo of yourself along with your bio.
Winning Topics that are successful on our site:
- Practical tips that people can use;
- Tutorial posts;
- Nutritious recipes;
- Inspiring stories about you’ve overcome an illness through nutrition or alternative medicine.
Improve Your Chances For Publication With These Guidelines:
- Length: blogs should be between 500 and 1500 words and written in a friendly, conversational style.
- Easy to read: keep your paragraphs short and use subheadings to make your post easier to read or scan.
- Images: a picture is worth a thousand words. Please include 2-3 images in your post and credit the source (including a link) if the image is not yours. By submitting images you are maintaining you have lawful permission to use them and are not infringing on the copyright of the artist/photographer.
- Infographics and video are great additions and make for good social media sharing so don’t feel limited to using text only.
- Well-written: please ensure your post is free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- External links: include links to other sites where relevant to increase your chances of getting your post shared by the website you are linking to.
- Personal links: we don’t allow you to advertise your products or services within the article, but you may link to written articles on your site where appropriate, with a limit of three backlinks (if you would like to write a post about your company or service then contact us about our Featured Guest series at Nadine [at] ourpooches.com).
- Bio: we want to know more about you. Please include a short bio and picture to go with your post so our readers can have more info about you and how to reach you (you may place a link to your site as well as your social media links in the bio).
- Note: we reserve the right to make editorial changes as required, including adding our own affiliate links.
One Time or Ongoing?
We offer different options for our writers:
Featured Guest Post
If you are interested in contributing only one article, this is for you. Please submit your ready to publish article below.
We are actively searching for regular contributors. If you would like to be a part of our team and can commit to at least two articles a month, please attach a sample of your work below.
What’s in it For You?
Your blog and your name will be attached to your article.
We will promote your content on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
How to Submit Your Guest Post:
If you’re ready to write for the Nutrition Heretic, complete this form and we will get back to you if your submission has been accepted.